The digital format, designed to get the international die casting community into the mood for the postponed EUROGUSS 2022 event (now 8 to 10 June at Exhibition Centre Nuremberg), impressed participants thanks to its professional implementation and an entertaining supporting programme in conjunction with the awards ceremony. Well over 1,000 participants from numerous European countries, but also from the USA, India and China, had registered for the event.
As part of the European Die Casting Competition, co-organised for the first time in 2022 by the VDD (Association of German Die Casting Foundries) and EUROGUSS, prizes were awarded for the three most important die casting material categories zinc, magnesium and aluminium. There was also an audience award.
The 10-strong jury of experts evaluated around 30 exceptional, innovative and technically sophisticated die-cast parts and determined the first, second and third place winners. The live presentation of the audience award, which allowed participants in the Studio Edition to vote for their favourites, generated a lot of excitement.
And the winners are …
Winners in the category zinc die casting
- 1st prize: 3-part housing-cover-front panel assembly, Dipl.-Ing. Siegfried Müller GmbH & Co. KG
- 2nd prize: Switch handle automotive interior, HDO Druckguss- u. Oberflächentechnik GmbH
- 3rd prize: Clamp plate, Teilemacherei GmbH
Winners in the category magnesium die casting
- 1st prize: cross car beam HUD / instrument panel / right-hand carrier, GF Casting Solutions Schaffhausen
- 2nd prize: TKS 80 tabletop, TORUN Bark Magnesium GmbH
- 3rd prize: Cone holder EE0043-30-2020, Dynacast Deutschland GmbH
Winners in the category aluminium die casting
- 1st prize: One-piece upper shell of a die-cast rear sub-frame, Albert Handtmann Metallgusswerk GmbH & Co. KG
- 2nd prize: System carrier, Alupress AG Brixen
- 2nd prize: SP52 housing bottom part, BMW AG, Landshut plant
- 3rd prize: Case 3498 & 3D printed pattern, Matthies Druckguss GmbH & Co. KG
Winner of the audience award
- One-piece upper shell of a die-cast rear subframe, Albert Handtmann Metallgusswerk GmbH & Co. KG
Many congratulations to all winners on their outstanding achievements!
For more information on the European Die Casting Competition, go to:
Consistently positive feedback about the EUROGUSS Studio Edition 2022
Alongside the awards ceremonies for the 1st European Die Casting Competition, Laura Therese Heinl from the Department of Corporate Sustainability Management at Friedrich Alexander University Erlangen-Nuremberg provided some preliminary insights into the EUROGUSS sustainability survey, which will subsequently be presented in full at EUROGUSS 2022. In the panel discussion on the topic “Die Casting under Pressure? Opportunities and Challenges for the Die Casting Industry in 2022”, there was also a constructive dialogue about the future of the die casting sector and the opportunities and challenges for 2022.
This brought the virtual EUROGUSS Studio Edition to a successful conclusion. The initial feedback from participants has been very positive: Not only did they find the virtual event “interesting” and “entertaining”, but they were also impressed by this “ingenious format” and its “professional implementation”. This means that this “warm-up” for EUROGUSS 2022, which will take place in Nuremberg from 8 to 10 June, has been a resounding success.
Recording of EUROGUSS Studio Edition now available
Those who were unable to attend on 18 January 2022 can now watch the entire EUROGUSS Studio Edition at: https://youtu.be/UV-uxBekL-o
The next EUROGUSS will be held in Nuremberg from 8 to 10 June 2022.