Hall 7 / Booth Number 7-430
MAGMA Gießereitechnologie GmbH
Committed to Casting Excellence
MAGMASOFT® autonomous engineering
MAGMA stands for robust and innovative casting solutions as well as a strong partnership with the metal casting industry. MAGMA’s product portfolio based on Autonomous Engineering leads to robust and cost effective solutions in component design, tooling lay-out and production.
The application of the MAGMA APPROACH, combined with MAGMA’s comprehensive commitment to customer support, competent engineering services and educational offerings through the MAGMAacademy, offers a unique and systematic methodology for optimization and problem-solving in metal casting processes. This allows our customers to effectively integrate and use MAGMA’s tools to achieve significant technical benefits and cost savings in their organizations.
MAGMASOFT® is the comprehensive and effective optimization tool for improving metalcasting quality, optimizing process conditions and reducing production costs. Consequently utilizing the methodology of virtual Design of Experiments and Autonomous Optimization, robust process parameters and optimized casting layouts can be established for all cast materials and processes including heat treatment and melt metallurgy – efficiently and comprehensively at the same time.
By means of Autonomous Engineering™, simulations with MAGMASOFT® can be used in an automated virtual test plan to pursue different quality and cost objectives simultaneously. Broad knowledge and tangible hands-on instructions/measures are generated considering design and process conditions for mold filling, solidification and cooling. The range of results comprises residual stresses and distortion, microstructure formation and local properties.
A modular software design covers the complete process chain of cast components. The software can be applied for optimized process robustness and part quality from conceptual to final component design, during the tooling layout and prototyping, all the way through to the production and heat treatment processes.
MAGMASOFT® offers the following main benefits:
- Supports all cast materials and all aspects of casting manufacture including melting and metallurgy, pattern and coremaking, cleaning and repair
- Offers a virtual test field for the reduction of metalcasting defects with high degrees of freedom without production risk
- Establishes optimized operating points for quality, yield and cost
- Identifies optimal process conditions for robust process windows early and reliably
- Allows faster decision making to establish saving time for all parties involved
- Empowers quality management by generating systematic understanding how process variability affects quality
- Improves communication and confidence within your company and in cooperation with customers
- Offers reliable and early information to designers for robust product and process development
Watch our company video
Engineering | MAGMA APPROACH | Software | MAGMASOFT | Simulation | MAGMAacademy