Call for entries: European Die Casting Award 2024
The Association of German Die Casting Foundries (VDD) and the EUROGUSS trade fair are holding the European Die Casting Award for the second time. Until 28 September 2023, innovative and sustainable die casting foundries have the chance to register their components.
Following the success in 2022, the Association of German Die Casting Foundries (VDD) and the EUROGUSS trade fair are holding the European Die Casting Award for the second time. The competition presents to the public how diverse and powerful the applications are in die casting with the materials aluminium, magnesium and zinc.
The competition is supported by the Bundesverband der Deutschen Giesserei-Industrie e.V. (BDG) and Aluminium Deutschland e.V. (AD) and the Europäische Forschungsgemeinschaft Magnesium e.V. (EFM).
European Die Casting Award powered by EUROGUSS
Die casting foundries can enter their components in the European Die Casting Award 2024 until 28 September 2023. The winners will be honoured on 16 January 2024 at the international trade fair for die casting, EUROGUSS.
Interested parties should send the completed entry form to DGW@bdguss.de.
Jury of experts and research
The submitted castings are assessed by a jury consisting of experts from research and practice. The jury evaluates innovation, quality, economic efficiency, resource-efficient design and degree of difficulty and awards three submissions for each material. The call for entries runs until 28 September 2023.
The jury will inform the winners in writing in December 2023. The award ceremony itself will take place on 16 January 2024 at the international trade fair for die casting, EUROGUSS. In addition, the participants in the award ceremony will vote for an audience award from places one to three in the respective materials.
EUROGUSS Studio Edition 2022 with the virtual award ceremony
- The competition entries must have been casted in the European Union (EU/EEA incl. Switzerland).
- Customer and own foundries based in the EU/EEA incl. Switzerland may submit up to two competition entries per company for the competition. A separate entry form must be enclosed for each part. Please ensure that the products are numbered identically so that the individual forms can be assigned to the correct castings when they are unpacked.
- Single or composite die castings can be sent in. They should be deburred, but neither mechanically nor chemically surface treated. The finished part of castings that have been surface treated must also be submitted.
- The castings submitted must be taken from current production. Castings that have already won an award in a national or international competition are excluded from the competition. Construction and assembly drawings will facilitate the jury‘s assessment. Photos or brochures of the application in which the casting will be installed are also requested.
- By signing the registration form, participants give their consent that the parts may be used for advertising purposes for die casting (film and image use in print and online media, as well as exhibition at VDD events, e.g. the Die Casting Day, the Aluminium Trade Fair) and become the property of the VDD.
- Only fully completed entry forms will be considered for the competition.