Typical processes in connection with the manufacture of high-voltage components are the following:
- Computerized heat treatment for optimization of mechanical properties
- Robotic welding allows for more versions with less casted parts
- 100% leak detection with air and subsequently with helium up to 15 bars
- Surface treatment for high corrosion protection e.g. in maritime environments
- X-ray testing
- 3.1 certificate (traceability per part)
By means of JAI’s know-how and expertise our customers have achieved considerable savings throughout the lifetime of their products – cf. the following customer cases.
Customer Case 1: Redesign from welded steel construction into gravity die casted aluminium part
For optimization of more instrument transformers a welded steel construction was redesigned into a lighter construction of die casted aluminium parts.
In this connection we supported our customers with the following:
- Identification of possible optimization parts /projects
- Input for decision-making (business case calculations)
- Tests for mechanical properties
- Various simulations for optimal design with regard to function and mechanical properties
Our customer achieved the following advantages:
- Reduced part weight
- Less oil consumption (up to 30%) – cost-saving and eco-friendly
- Improved cooling and productivity
- Less assembly
- Improved surfaces and visual quality
- Improved corrosion protection without surface treatment
Customer Case 2: From Sand casting to gravity die casted aluminium parts
JAI has great experience in identification of customer projects suitable for gravity die casting instead of sand casting. In this way we have added value to our customers in terms of: reduced part weight, improved surface quality, improved mechanical properties, less machining, longer lifetime of the tool investment – and of course a short payback time and thereby annual savings.
Customer Case 3: Redesign of more parts into one
Due to our great experience with very complex parts and redesign of parts, we have often assisted our customers in identifying parts suitable for redesign from more parts into one product made by gravity die casting.
Thereby our customers have obtained savings due to less assembly, handling, tool investment, etc.