For many years JAI has been Development Partner within the marine industry developing and delivering parts to drives and engines as well as degas systems. A high corrosion protection is important due to the aggressive sea environment, in which the parts are used – a stable and computerized surface treatment is a must. Both functional and visual requirements are important to the end user, as some of the finished products are visible in the end product.
Typical processes are:
- Casting of up to 12 sand cores assembled into one complex sand core
- Heat treatment for optimal mechanical properties
- Leak detection with air to ensure density of the parts
- Mounting of bushings, gaskets and safety devices such as anodes, etc.
- Surface treatment with chrome 3 pre-treatment and 2-layer powder coating – for corrosion protection and visual appearance