The specialist for coarse materials whilst being incredibly gentle!
It turns bulky parts into a pourable material that can be transported away quickly, reliably and safely using conventional conveyor technology (conveyor belt or hinge plate belt). Even when using the RM-Ripper without a discharge belt, an enormous process optimization is achieved, since the material is free-flowing after comminution and is many times more compact than the original material.
Example of use:
RM1350 in use in the light metal foundry of a major car manufacturer. The customer´s requirement:
Within the scope of a rebuilding and new construction of several casting cells in the light metal foundry, the material flow also had to be optimized. Due to the given factory floor situation, there was only a very cramped space available below the casting cell, in the cellar below the factory floor. The ERDWICH Ripper RM was installed directly below the rejects discharge of the process robot of the casting cell. This reduces the bulky leftover pieces into a high-density pourable coarse granulate. Currently, the material is still collected in containers under the shredder which are then driven by forklift to the scrap container. Even with this first stage of the adaption, the efficiency of the casting cell was able to be significantly increased, since the exchange intervals of the collection container was manifold increased and also the bulky parts no longer got entangled with one another before the reduction process. In the second development stage, an automated filling unit for several material containers is planned, so that the material has to be transported from the cellar to the scrap container only once per shift. A third optimization step towards a complete automation of material disposal, with a conveyor belt feed to the scrap container, is planned for further plants.
- Rugged twin-shaft rotor/shredder principle for forward and reverse shredder movement
- Individually fitted, replaceable custom blades
- Variable shredder system population
- Externally-mounted shaft bearing
- Dedicated shaft drives, plus custom gears mounted on flexible bearings
- PLC unit featuring automated reverse and power down
Areas of Use – Pre-disintegrators and Two-shaft shredders:
- Reduction of massive metal cast elements and punching burrs
- Processing of electronic waste
- Use in the automotive industry (fenders, coachwork, dashboards,...)
- Reduction of refrigerators and air conditioning equipment
- Processing of artificial turf
- Conveyor belts, sandpaper, bulky waste.
- and any more
For the pre-disintegration the ripper is especially suitable for dealing with bulky materials, which can subsequently be further reduced by a second pass.