Two stages – One system: Exact. Fast. Efficient.
The purpose of vacuum in a die casting system is to evacuate a given volume of air from the mold cavity and the shot sleeve within the shortest possible period of time. This avoids air inclusions in the castings.
In our new Vacu² multi-stage vacuum process, the shot sleeve and mold cavity are evacuated in two stages. During the first stage, the air is extracted directly from the shot sleeve via a wide cross-section line. This enables the desired pressure to be quickly achieved in the shot sleeve and mold.
In the second evacuation stage, the air is extracted directly from the mold. Since the desired pressure has already been achieved in the first stage, the second stage only serves to maintain the pressure by pumping down air that leaks into the mold.
Low costs through precise cost control
The control system processes pressure measurements that are taken in four different locations at different points in time during the casting process into process-relevant data. This allows precise information about the current status of the system. If the limits that can be defined by the user be not reached or exceeded, the system responds with warning signals. This avoids unnecessary rejects and significantly reduces costs in the die cast processes.
Two versions for your applications
The Pfeiffer Vacuum multi-stage vacuum process is available in Vacu² and Vacu² eco versions:
The Vacu² version is designed for applications with a clamping force of more than 750 metric tons. It ensures that the vacuum needed is obtained quickly and reliably and is of a high quality.
Vacu² eco is suitable for die casting units with a clamping force of up to 750 metric tons. It has a highly efficient suction volume and uses very little energy. It achieves considerable savings in operation.
Both systems incorporate reliable process monitoring that reduces the rejection rate and thus optimizes production costs.
- Highly cost-effective with the great efficiency it offers in terms of suction volume and low energy consumption
- Recipient concept used ideally matches small chamber and mold volumes
- High-resolution 15” Siemens touchscreen display, fully integrated in a compact control cabinet
- Optimized duct volume for evacuating small-volume molds
- Maintenance-friendly system design and high production control through proven and reliable technology
- Optimal cost-performance ratio
Product videoPlay video
Other products from
Vacu² is assigned to following product groups:
- Die casting foundries (379)
- Die casting machines and plants (114)
- Moulds and accessories (255)
- Rapid prototyping/rapid tooling (56)
- Material testing (74)