TOWER / STACK TYPE CENTRAL MELTING FURNACES - ECOMELT
The ECOMELT series TOWER MELTING FURNACE from FURNTECK is used for melting INGOTS and IN-HOUSE FOUNDRY RETURN to deliver continuous molten metal supply with Highest Efficiency and minimum melting loss.
The furnace is typically consists of CHARGE PREHEATING ZONE, MELTING CHAMBER AND HOLDING CHAMBER.
Aluminum Melting Efficiency
- < 575 KWH per Ton of fuel consumption for continuous melting.
- < 1% melt loss.
- Tapped metal temperature control to +/- 10º C.
- Higher quality metal with lower gas inclusion levels.
How does an ECOMELT Furnace achieve these results?
- Direct Waste Heat Recovery by charging material into the melting shaft without the high maintenance costs associated with add-on recuperation equipment.
- Full pre-heating of charge is achieved via the waste flue gases in the melting shaft of furnace. This process of preheating burns off all impurities present on the charged material and removes the moisture content as a result of which the fuel consumption is reduced and any chance of explosion is eliminated.
- Automated charging system ensures full level of melting shaft charge to get optimal efficiency.
- Rapid aluminum melting in the melting zone of furnace in an oxygen deficient atmosphere reduces melt loss. Aluminum Metal melts near instantaneously.
- Complete independence of melting and holding furnace functions reduces energy requirement for melting and reduces super heating resulting in reduction of hydrogen/gas pickup.
- High quality insulation reduces the heat losses.
- PLC controlled system makes the operation very user friendly.
- Stoichiometric tuning of burner systems.
- Furnace is capable of being sealed to the extent that energy is not lost through charge wells or large furnace openings.
- Positive furnace pressure can be achieved through controlling out going flue gases.
- Wall to wall furnace access for ease of cleaning and maintenance by providing large doors.
- Full pre-heating of charge material eliminates explosion hazards.
- Automated charging eliminates hot metal splash risk to operators and reduces manpower required for loading.
- Limited operator exposure to furnace internals.
- Low shell temperatures prevent accidental contact burns and provides comfortable working environment.
- Optional automated tapping systems for furnace.
- Furnace is ergonomically designed.