Intelligent lightweight construction from Germany makes cars less heavy
A piece of Harzgerode can be found in nearly every car, for at the local BOHAI TRIMET Automotive site “mobile lightness” is being created. The light metal specialist produces high-quality aluminium castings in modern production halls.
Together with its sister location in Sömmerda, Thuringia, the Harzgerode plant has been supplying the automotive, electrical and machine construction industries for over 140 years. Since 2017, auto parts have been developed and produced jointly in cooperation with the Chinese majority shareholder Bohai Automotive Systems Co., Ltd.
Renowned German and international automotive manufacturers and their suppliers particularly appreciate the high quality and reliability of the vehicle components manufactured in Harzgerode and Sömmerda. Here, customer-specific die cast and permanent mold cast parts are manufactured – including chassis parts, engine blocks, structural parts, clutch and transmission cases, as well as battery compartments, oil pan and motor and gear brackets. The Sömmerda plant mainly produces mechatronic components for nearly all automatic transmissions. Some 1,000 employees work together with their customers to make cars lighter, more economical and, in the process, more ecological.
BOHAI TRIMET Automotive Holding GmbH offers you products from these product groups:
Die casting foundries (321)
- Production of aluminium parts (242)
- Production of magnesium parts (37)
- Development partners/system suppliers of automobile industry (95)
- Components ready for installation (88)
- Production of die cast gearbox castings (76)
- Production of die cast engine blocks (38)
- Production of chassis parts and structural parts (88)
- Research/development/services (70)