ENERCON's electrostatic filter, made by electrostatic cells, which is the most efficient system for separating a gaseous substance from a solid particle. is used to purify air containing oil fog captured directly by the press hood.
Thoroughly researched ducts, the polluted air is passed first through the "filter media" consisting of wire mesh contained in special seats or frames. (Lower filtering unit). Then it passes through the electrostatic cells that complete purification (Upper filtering unit). The cleaned air can then be expelled from the filter.
The filter is self-cleaning as, via programmable cleaning cycles carried out with water and detergent contained in the integrated washing tank, it retains full efficiency of the electrostatic cells and mechanical filter media, thus ensuring maximum filtration of oil fog.
Below are the main advantages related to the installation of electrostatic filters:
- The fog, vapour and smoke filtering efficiency with an electrostatic filter reaches a 99% weight filtration.
- Load losses are low and comprised between 20 and 30 mm H2O, remain unchanged in operation since there are no mechanical obstructions in-between.
- Ordinary maintenance only requires the wash of pre-filters and electrostatic cells, without consumables.
Adding the high efficiency filter unit to the configuration of the filtering unit allows two different mode of operation according to the season:
- During the winter time it is possible to reinsert the hot air inside the working area avoiding to waste the warm and now purified air saving the consumes of heating more air.
- During the summer time, it is possible to expel the hot air outside into the atmosphere without passing through the high efficiency unit saving the panels and reducing the number of changes of these panels during the year.