For optimum temperature control of molds, the contact surface between tempering medium and mold steel is of crucial importance. Depending on the temperature control medium and operating conditions, lime, rust or oil carbon form over time. These form deposits in the tempering channel, which narrow the cross-section of the channel and hinder the heat transfer between the forming steel and the tempering medium very much. Thus, there is a creeping increase in the heating or cooling times and a deterioration in component quality.
Our systems for cleaning tempering channels remove these impurities without any otherwise necessary dismantling of the molds. During the cleaning process, the flow and tightness of the individual temperature control channels can also be checked.
The advantages at a glance:
- Internal cleaning without disassembling the mold
- Maintaining a constant flow through the temperature control channels
- Constant heat transfer between mold steel and tempering medium and achieving a constant quality
- Reduction of personnel costs for maintenance / repair of the tools
- Simple leak test of the temperature control channels (option)
- Application of a temporary corrosion protection when used for water tempered channels
- Check the flow before setting up on the machine