In recent years, Enercon has examined the problem of fume or oil fog vapour suction and purification manufacturing many plants.
Problems have been studied and solved specially in the fields of die-casting, non ferrous metal moulding and in machining (work stations). These plants have been designed and produced with an interception system, installed on each machine (press – milling), conceived to allow an easy and non limiting efficiency of the ever more automized machines, i.e. robots.
The fog and vapour abatement filtering unit can be assembled onboard and can be of two different kinds: electrostatic or mechanic.
These filters are arranged for a self automatic washing, as an alternative it is possible to assemble a central system downstream from the extraction hoods ensuring simplicity, practicality and low maintenance cost. This system allows a good abatement efficiency with the plant’s control and maintenance in one place.
Main sources of humid air with pollutants:
- Die-casting of metals (typically aluminium, magnesium, zinc, etc.)
- Atomisation of release agents
- Mechanical processing
- Cooling water mist
- Nebulisation of lubrication, cooling and cutting oils
Filtering techniques developed and applied:
- Mechanical mesh filters
- Coalescence filters
- Electrostatic filters with programmable automatic washing
- High efficiency filters (EPA)
Types of plants developed and applied
- Extraction and filtration systems on a single machine with the ejection of filtered air inside the warehouse (thereby saving energy in heat during the winter)
- Extraction and filtration systems on a single machine with the ejection of filtered air outside the warehouse
- Extraction systems on a single machine with centralised filtration for multiple machines and the ejection of filtered air outside the warehouse (with possible heat recovery where technically feasible and cost-effective)