The OAM is an inline laser marking machine designed to apply direct part marking within a fabrication process. It is a set-and-forget laser system that is perfect for adding traceability on parts held by a robot.
The robot brings the part to be laser-etched in front of the laser aperture. Safety presence sensors ensure a 100% safe laser marking process. When the marking and quality control is completed, the robot moves the part to the next operation in the production cycle.
This laser machine is particularly well-adapted in situations where:
- Part to part traceability needs to be applied inline in a harsh environment
- Available robot idle time is greater than the required laser marking time
- Floor space constraints require the installation of machines with a small footprint
- Parts need to be marked at high temperature and/or withstand shotblasting
- Code validation must be done inline after the marking
- Equipment is required to be compliant with Class 1 laser safety standards