This is an electroless deposition of a nickel-phosphorus alloy layer onto metallic components. The surfaces of complex shaped components are treated true to their original contours; sharp edges and impressions, accessible cavities and bores are uniformly coated. Through variation of electrolyte and process parameters, DURNI-COAT® layers can be tuned to suit special requirements. The composition of the electrolyte and the processing conditions are used to control the phosphorous content of the DURNI-COAT® layers. This content can be varied between 3 and 14 %. Phosphorous concentration is an important factor for many functional layer properties.
The range of base materials suitable for treatment with DURNI-COAT® includes most of the metals destined for industrial use.
- all types of low-alloy ferritic steel
- cast iron-based materials
- stainless steel
- non-ferrous metals such as copper, brass and bronze
- aluminum alloys
- sintered metal materials
other materials depending on previously-supplied sample coatings
DURNI-COAT® finishes are highly suited to applications involving special uses.
- excellent corrosion resistance
- resistant to erosion and cavitation
- high wear resistance
- elongation at break up to 2 %
- uniform layer formation
- good dimensional stability
- outstanding hardness
- magnetic properties
- suitable for contact functions and soldering
- surface conductivity
- optimized anti-friction properties
- good chemical resistance