Grunewald develops casting-compatible design for tools and casting parts.
For design and development of casting-compatible parts, Grunewald uses the numerical finite element method (FEM).
Structural-mechanical and thermal calculations for products and tool systems as well as castings simulations are carried out based on a FEM program.
- static loading calculations
- analysis of stiffness
- heat balance calculations
- heating-up and cooling rate simulation
- filling and solidification simulation
- residual stress calculation (thermal /mechanical)
- calculation of distortion (thermal / mechanical)
In front of production and first casting sample, significant characteristics will be worked out and improved by this procedure.
The objective is the production of zero defect and optimal tools and casting parts.