- 1867 - Establishment of the company by Louis Schweizer in Backnang, Germany.
- 1969 - Dr. Folkart Schweizer and Fritz Schweizer III form the fourth management generation. Opening of Schweizer Metallwerk, later to become Schweizer & Weichand GmbH, in Murrhardt, Germany.
- 1998 - The Schweizer Group acquires the Plattenhardt die-casting plant in Hattenhofen near Göppingen, Germany.
- 2001 - Acquired a stake in ISA Tan Tec, a production plant for automotive leathers in Guangzhou, People’s Republic of China.
- 2007 - Schweizer expands into Turkey with the new die-casting enterprise Schweizer ESO DÖKÜM in Istanbul.
More than 140 years of experience and expertise provide the basis for a trusting relationship between our customers and the Schweizer Group. Cooperation and team spirit shape our everyday working life. They also facilitate an effective and consistent customer-oriented product management, meeting all facets of our customer’s high demands.
Inventiveness and an unusual approach to the development of new products have always been an important virtue for Schweizer. Over the decades, this has also been reflected in the implementation of innovative management processes at the company. Specifically, this means that at Schweizer we regard progress as our experienced daily work, and see the cost efficiency of all products as the result of market-oriented innovations.
At Schweizer, we work diligently and consistently market-oriented every day in order to be able to perfectly meet the individual requirements of our customers. And although we take the development of our company forward with a sense of proportion and reason, we always have our eyes on the future: the Schweizer Group is growing with and in international markets. With openness and tolerance towards new methods and the readiness to pursue unusual paths.
Schweizer combines quality, reliability and precision – in all products and services. Our products impress by virtue of the highest quality material, processing and service. Schweizer die-cast solutions set worldwide standards and embody our aim of being the industry’s innovation and technology leader.
The Schweizer Group combines German engineering at the highest level with an open, international corporate culture. This enables us to provide talent and team work-based project management that makes us an irreplaceable partner for our customers. We do not see ourselves as a supplier; we accompany our customers as an adviser and producer from the planning phase to successful project completion. This ambitious approach is expressed in all the services and products of the Schweizer Group – from corporate website to innovative die-cast system solution.
Schweizer Group Global GmbH offers you products from these product groups:
- Die casting foundries (527)
- Moulds and accessories (421)
- Rapid prototyping/rapid tooling (104)
- CAD, CAM, DNC, CAE, PPS, CAQ, CASE systems (70)
- Methods of simulation and computation (71)