In 2000 Somidesign was born specifically in order to meet the demand for components for the furnishing and household appliance industries based on a high aesthetic value. The new structure considerably enlarged our range of products; and our production was also focused on products able to combine technological quality and excellent designing.
Somipress and Somidesign, although logistically separate from the production and management points of view, share some commercial aspects as well as technical synergies. This permits the integrated designing and manufacturing of dies and equipment in view of production processes.
In the wake of growing globalisation on the markets, the need to follow major customers in the delocalisation of production, and the search for ever more efficient logistic solutions, Somipress Romania was established in 2001. The manufacturing facility is dedicated to the segments of gas burners and automotive industry for Eastern European markets.
With a view to meeting the same requirements Somipress do Brasil was established in 2004 as the Group’s stepping-stone to the fast growing South-American market, which is considered strategic for the leading companies in the future automotive and household appliance industries.
The Trading Company set up in Ningbo in 2008 represent a strategic base for the Far-East projects.
To be competitive on the new economic scenarios more and more attention must be paid to and a proactive presence must be ensured on international markets. A coordinated management of the Group’s system strategies needs to be applied too. Somigroup, a holding company belonging to the Elisei family, was born in order to meet this strategic requirement. While respecting the commercial and manufacturing autonomy of each facility, the Group makes it possible to bring together strategies, research, management, resources and technologies.
ISO/TS process control - from die designing to manufacturing stages - is applied to make sure high quality standards are reached in all of the Group’s facilities.
SOMIPRESS Srl offers you products from these product groups:
- Die casting foundries (527)
- Moulds and accessories (421)
- Rapid prototyping/rapid tooling (104)
- After treatment of castings/CNC treatment (313)
Quality assurance/control (110)
- Statistical process control (SPC) (25)
- System analysis (15)
- X-ray testing equipment/crack testing equipment (27)
- Quality assurance systems (36)
- CCD cameras and documentation software for quality documentation and quality assurance (8)
- Spectrographic equipment (21)
- 3D test certificates for die casting (38)
- Miscellaneous (18)
- Material testing (94)
- CAD, CAM, DNC, CAE, PPS, CAQ, CASE systems (70)
- Methods of simulation and computation (71)
- Research/development/services (147)
- Engineering (143)