In the engineering industry, manufacturers are forced to produce castings of complicated shapes with very thin walls in order to improve performance and reduce weight. And demands for the accuracy of such products are growing. High reliability and accuracy requirements become even higher for the measuring devices used in this field. What is now important is whether the device is reproducible and is able to take stable measurements in different operating conditions.
Complex 3D measurement of products
The OMS system is designed for precise measurements of aluminum castings, and other complicated shaped, molded products. The system is designed to 100% control the production process and replaces expensive and slow CMMs (coordinate measuring machines). The main principle behind OMS is to take accurate measurements of reference points and areas using the Cartesian coordinate system [X, Y, Z]. Due to the nature of production, our devices are able to check continually vast quantities of products with the high availability required, even in severe operating conditions; therefore, great emphasis is placed on the mechanical construction of the measuring device itself.
Advantages and Benefits
- High measurement precision and speed;
- Just one device measures the whole product;
- Full integration into the production process;
- Can be deployed even under difficult production conditions;
- Achieves 100% output quality;
- Provides comprehensive statistical treatment of results;
- Reduces capital costs invested into integrating multiple measurements in one device.
- Shape and dimensional characteristics of the products;
- Point measuring of coordinates in X, Y, Z space;
- Flatness and parallel operation on machined surfaces;
- Actual positions of the holes cast and machined;
- Diameters of holes machined;
- Relative and absolute positioning of cores in castings;
- Wall thickness of castings.