Industry 4.0 in chip processing
- project kößler technologie GmbH -
A fully automated project to process steel chips was realized two years ago at the company kößler technologie GmbH that is an important German automotive supplier.
Every day 45.000 kg steel chips are processed with the LANNER® system without any manpower.
In the following article you find a detailed description of the fully automated and networked LANNER® chip processing system:
All the chips are collected in chip carts directly at the tooling machine and transported to the LANNER® system by a driverless transportation system. At this stage the automated operation of the whole chip processing system starts:
The chip cart dumper feeds the hydraulic chip crusher. The long and short chips are crushed in several steps in the vertical working chip crusher. Afterwards the broken chips fall into a conveyor. Mistakenly initiated tramp metals like e. g. bar ends are separated automatically.
Advantages of the LANNER® chip crusher:
- Vertically working chip crusher for a precise and defined crushing solution
- Crushing tools made of high quality and hardened tool steel for a long product life
- Big tramp metal ejector
- Wear parts are easy to regrind and exchange
The conveyor with integrated tank which is placed after the chip crusher transports the small chips through the screener into the self-cleaning centrifuge. The screener separates the mistakenly initiated tramp metals that only the free flowing steel chips are entering the hydraulic lifting bottom centrifuge.
In the centrifuge the solid liquid separation happens. An interval-driven lifting bottom pushes the chips in defined cycles onto the slot sieve that is at the wall of the drum. The dry chips leave the machine downwards and the liquid exits through the slot sieve and flows into the tank.
Advantages of a LANNER® lifting bottom centrifuge:
- Highest drying level of the chips at years of continuous operation
- Residual moisture < 1 % possible
- Self-cleaning principle of the lifting bottom
- Covered with highly wear-resistant material, fast and easy changeable
The drag link conveyor transports the centrifuged chips to another “distribution conveyor” which is equipped with four swivel chutes. They distribute the dry and free flowing chips into eight containers.
Probes recognize as soon as one container is full or not present and the swivel chute feeds the next container. If the container is full an email is automatically sent to the responsible employee who informs the recycling company to pick up the container.
Advantages of the LANNER® chip processing system:
- Sophisticated solutions
- Permanent development of the products
- High reliability of the technical systems
- Consultancy, construction and production are provided from one source
- Individual and exact matching customer solutions and systems
- Short amortization
- Highest drying level of chips in years of continuous operation
- Fast and reliable service
- Decades of availability of spare and wear parts
Like the company kößler many well-known companies count on the LANNER® quality in continuous and three-shift operation, without breakdowns or big maintenance works.
This sample of the company kößler shows very good that Lanner is up to date and familiar with the topic industry 4.0.
It does not matter if you have a big or small chip amount:
Lanner Anlagenbau GmbH is the ideal contact partner in the field of chip and grinding sludge processing. At Lanner you receive single components and individual complete solutions in highest quality.