DYCOTE DURA are a range of two-part die dressings with a novel binder system and are available in a range of grain sizes to meet the different casting, surface finish and insulation requirements. DYCOTE DURA is specially designed to minimise downtime and maximise productivity in aluminium gravity die applications and has been developed to work with standard mixing equipment and spray guns. The novel binder system of DYCOTE DURA die dressings enhances the adhesive characteristics and erosion strength of the coating and an increase in lifetime by a factor of 3 is frequently possible.
Thus DYCOTE DURA offers a number of benefits over traditional die dressings:
- reduced downtime
- reduced shotblasting frequency, thereby prolonging die life
- lower labour requirements for die preparation and shot blasting
- reduced coating and shotblast material consumption
- Stable insulation over the life of the coating
- More consistent surface finish and improved casting definition
Standard DYCOTE die dressings
DYCOTE permanent mould coatings are recognised in the industry for their robust life and flexibility in application. They provide:
- Reduced defects, because they produce carefully controlled surface characteristics that promote proper mould filling and release.
- Increased productivity, by protecting and insulating the mould through a long life cycle, requiring relative less downtime.
- Improved quality, because control of the mould surface is key to managing the metallurgical properties and surface finish of non-ferrous permanent mould castings.
DYCOTE permanent mould coatings are blends of insulating and/or lubricating refractory materials with inorganic binders. They are formulated to meet a wide variety of performance and production requirements such as insulation, durability, surface texture and lubricity. Supplied in a concentrated liquid or paste-like form, DYCOTE permanent mould coatings are easily diluted with water to provide the consistency required by individual foundries.
Foseco’s DYCOTE range of die dressings are suitable for gravity and low pressure diecasting of aluminium and other non ferrous alloys. They offer a range of benefits including:
- controlled insulation;
- excellent adhesion;
- easy release of the casting from the die;
- full filling of thin sections;
- good casting finish;
- protection of the surface of the die ensuring longer die life;
- ease of application;
- ease of mixing and remixing.
Carry & Mix System
CARRY & MIX is a mobile unit designed for the preparation of DYCOTE die dressings. The unit provides users of DYCOTE with a simple and clean method of mixing the coating and loading the spray unit. The adjustable electric motor prevents sedimentation of the diluted coating. The unit is mobile and can therefore be easily transported from the preparation area to the point where the coating is applied.