The company A. Härer GmbH is a medium- sized business in the tool- and mould- making sector. It was founded by Alfred Härer in the Swabian city named Schorndorf in 1958. In 1979, the company moved its headquarter to Lorch- Weitmars because of the idea of expansion. The company's product range comprises the development, production and repair of diecasting, plastic injection moulds and pressforming.
The product range essentially includes the production of moulds for the following customers:
photographic and gauge technology
computer and electronic industry
households and handymen
Positive development of turnover and personell
The company's most important customer is the automobile industry: about 70% of the turnover are made from this sector; the remaining 30% are made from the recycling industry, the sector of electronic tools ( e.g. handymen ) and other sectors. Owing to the good economic situation in the automobile industry, an enlargement of the construction and CAM department became necessary; the number of employees should rise from 45 to 50 or even up to 60 within the next years. Wanting to offer its customers a complete range of services, the Härer GmbH became a member of the Association of German tool- and mould- makers (VDWF) in 1995.
Emphasis on 3D- treatment
Another very important point in the company's history was the certification after DIN EN ISO 9001 in February 1998 for the departments: development, construction, production and repair of diecasting dies and plastic injection moulds. Due to this measure, whose real goal was the increase of competitiveness, we did not only create a greater tranparency of the production processes but also improved the quality of our products even further.