The new special grade ES Multiform SL developed by EschmannStahl sets new standards both for tool and mould making as well as for engineering applications.
ES Multiform SL is supplied in the Q + T condition, 280–325 HB (950–1100 N/mm²). Due to its special chemical composition, this new tool steel, available in thicknesses up to 600 mm, features uniform hardness levels through the entire crosscut section.
- Can be used in the as-delivered state
- Consistent technical properties
- Uniform hardness to the core up to a thickness of 600 mm
- Significantly higher toughness
- Ideally suited for graining
- Good polishing properties
- ES Multiform SL can be nitrided, chromiumplated, laser hardened and welded
- Thickness up to 605 mm in stock
This is also underlined by a documented graining test with common interior textures used by German car manufacturers. This test certifies that this material is absolutely suitable for graining.
Last but not least, the steel offers exceptional repair welding characteristics due to machining properties which are comparable to the steel grades 1.2311, ES LB 100 and 1.2738.