About the Association
The Association of Foundries of the Czech Republic is a professional organization, which connects foundries, pattern shops, trade organizations, research and design institutes, continuation and high schools, and foundry departments of universities.
- Cooperation with Establishment on rulemaking
- Membership in international professional organizations (CAEF, MEGI)
- Active fellowship on rising competence of foundry workers (lifelong learning – workshops, seminars)
- Publisher of the foundry magazine “Slévárenství” – the specialized magazine for Czech and Slovak foundry industry issued since 1953 in cooperation with main foundry specialists. During 60 years of its existence, more over 4,000 special articles had been published. In 1990 the Association of Foundries of the Czech Republic became a new publisher of the magazine Slévárenství
- Realization of business-technically catalogues and information
- Special science conferences – science, research
Membership in the Association of Foundries of the Czech Republic becomes a prestigious matter
In recent years the Association of Foundries of the Czech Republic has gone a partial restructuring with the aim of reviving crucial activities and making them more effective. Thanks to the change of the work concept we have more opportunities for active engagement in interpreting the legislation of the Czech Republic and even more we are becoming the co-authors forming the legislation coming from the EU. The Association of Foundries of the Czech Republic became an important spokes body in the branch of foundry industry in the Czech Republic. Thus the importance of our organization can not be doubted. Through the mediation of our representation in CAEF (European Federation of Foundry Associations) we have the direct contact to individual countries of EU in foundry affairs. It is perhaps one of important facts why we are the suitable partner for solving the national legislation issues. Hardly quantifiable work with information is the most important activity of the Association. With the aid of it we try to form the atmosphere as best as possible for our branch in the Czech Republic. Our members produce more than 80% from the total production of castings made from ferrous alloys and 70% from non-ferrous alloys in our country. Our activities direction and which requirements would be enforced are appointed by our members.