Dosing furnace MDO
RAUCH Magnesium dosing furnaces MDO are the result of consequent implementation of metallurgical awareness and related to practice concepts. In our product range, you will find furnaces up to 1200 kg/h melting rate, which are electrical heated or gas fired.
Our dosing furnaces are characterized by:
- For several applications insertable.
- Highest dosing accuracy through modern Mg pump technology up to +/-0,75 %.
- Maintenance friendly.
- State of the art safety technology.
- Operation efficiency and high availability.
- Long-living and reliable.
- Individual adaptability of customer requirement.
- Fully automatic dosing of Mg-melt into the filling chamber.
- Worldwide in use.
RAUCH dosing furnaces allow:
- The holding of Mg-alloys under controlled and reliable conditions.
- The fully automatic dosing of Mg-melt in the shot sleeve of a cold chamber casting machine.
- The safe operation of the facilities with liquid Magnesium by advanced technology.
Dosing furnace MDO R with recuperator technology
RAUCH Magnesium dosing furnaces MDO are the answer to the steadily increasing energy prices for electricity. This gas-fired furnace generation achieves up to 30% energy cost savings compared to conventional burners by using preheated combustion air.
The operating cost savings can be up to 80 %, depending on the costs for electrical energy.
As a result:
- Cost-efficient heating.
- Uniform heat distribution to the crucible.
- Exhaust energy is directly used.
- Good controllability through electrical heating of the pumpchamber.
- High life-time of the components.
- Spare- and wear part compatibility to the standard MDO.
- Design as a two-chamber furnace with melt- and pump chamber.
- Electrically heated pump chamber.
- Melt chamber heated with recuperator burners.
- Constant melt level as well as a stable temperature in the pump chamber, resulting in constant casting conditions.
- Design as an upward or downward pump system.
- Shot weights in a range from 0,2 kg to 30 kg and even more.
- Depending on design, dosing accuracy of ± 0,75 %.