With the Magnesium low-pressure casting system developed by RAUCH, the Magnesium casting industry is being offered a cost-efficient alternative to the conventional low-pressure technology using gas-pressure for the production of Mg parts, especially for parts such as thick-walled parts that have been difficult to cast until now.
RAUCH low-pressure casting enables:
- Transport of molten material using a Magnesium pump from the melting crucible into the mold.
- Filling according to pre-programmed process.
- Creation of a recast over several minutes to ensure mold is supplied during solidification.
- Measurement of the melting pressure in the riser pipe, measurement of piston force and path as well as measurement of the melting level in the crucible are incorporated into the control of the pump and recast piston; this ensures reliable process control and therefore consistent part quality.
The main advantages are:
- Higher strength values through low-pressure mold filling, near that of forged parts.
- Gravity and sand-casting procedures applicable.
- Turbulence-free mould filling, which means a pore-free structure.
- Narrow mould channels also fillable without gas pockets.