STOP Technical Association of Polish Foundry is a separate scientific and technical organization and a voluntary organization, which is a voluntary organization of individual members, especially engineers, students and others, and supporting members, including those involved in casting activities, and especially those involved in casting. The Institute was officially registered on September 7, 1936 and was founded on the foundations of the founders of the Polish Association of Mechanics and Fan Clubs, established in 1921. Foundry at the Engineering Works "Ursus". The founders of the Association were outstanding founders. J. Buzek and K. Gardziejewski. The first objectives of the Association defined in the statute were primarily to maintain professional communication between founders for the development and dissemination of technical know-how in the field of foundry through the organization of lectures, courses, conventions, technical advice and the promotion of casting in the magazine "Przegląd Olewniczy", which faithfully accompanied the activity. Association until 1939. After the Second World War, the Polish Foundry Technical Association resumed its activity and published the magazine, but under the new name "Casting Review". As in the past, today it is the source of foundry information and is the only official trade magazine in Poland.
For more than seventy years of operation, the Association actively participated in the promotion of Polish foundry in the international arena. Poland as one of the ten countries in 1926 established CIATF's Foundry Technical Association. STOP has been an active member of this organization since its inception and is now one of the most respected. Poles have served as president of CIATF (now WFO - Word Foundrymen Organization). STOP also undertakes a number of activities and is actively involved in the Central European association of foundry associations MEGI, which is now the WFO commission. The Association is also a member of the Federation of Scientific and Technical Associations NOT. Thanks to domestic and foreign cooperation, it enables the exchange of scientific and technical thought and the consolidation of people and companies from the foundry industry.
Currently the Association operates in Poland through 16 branches and more than 56 foundries found in foundries, schools, offices and other enterprises. STOP organizes conferences, symposia and specialist casting training. The Association also engages in economic and innovative activities.
In 2005, the Association of Polish Foundry Technicians joined the project "Network of Innovation Centers" implemented by the Innovation Center in Warsaw. For this purpose, at the headquarters of the Association at ul. Dukaty 8 was founded by the Innovation Center, whose main task is to support, especially small and medium-sized enterprises, the promotion of innovative activities, the organization of trainings, and the association of entrepreneurs with research institutions and banks to undertake and solve specific innovative projects and raise funds for them.
In May 2007, the Association also joined the KIGNET network - the system of support for the competitiveness of Polish enterprises. Within this project STOP provides new high quality foundry services for Polish small and medium enterprises. Through its wide range of activities in the country, the Association enables enterprises to access professional knowledge and Polish founders cooperate with appropriate foreign organizations, which are engaged in the application of science in modern technology.
The highest authority of the Association is the General Assembly, which selects the President and the General Board from among its members, who is composed of the President of 2 or 3 vice presidents, the treasurer and the secretary general. Members of the Association are divided into ordinary, honorary and supporting members, who may be legal and natural persons, Polish citizens and foreigners as well as Polish and foreign economic entities.
Statute of the Polish Foundry Association adopted by the resolution of the XXIX Extraordinary General Meeting of Delegates on 12 June 2007 in Poznań